Monday, August 10, 2009

So it begins...


I haven't been on here much (at all) in months... there is too much going on in our lives, and a brief pause from cataloging it all online seemed appropriate. I just couldn't get in to the whole "blog your way through pregnancy" thing... particularly since ours has been a bit of a doozy.


Bottom line at this point: we're due September 23rd, and we just bought a house.

What?

Yes, a house. In California. With a baby on the way. In the worst recession in decades. With construction jobs still unstable. Because we like to live on the edge (of reason...)

In a few weeks we will move in to our new home - a 1940's cabin that is more of a project than a house at this point.... but it is ours, nonetheless. If I wasn't the size of a manatee (and just about as mobile) this wouldn't be a problem: Matt and I love to work on home renovations or upgrades and are incredibly excited to be able to transform this "charming" and "rustic" cabin into a home for our growing family. BUT I happen to be very large, very uncomfortable and very limited in the scope of projects I can tackle at this point. I'm trying to do all that I can, but combine my size with a difficult pregnancy and I really should be resting at home on a couch with a book, jug of water and a fan. (Sounds heavenly. Not realistic.) Did I mention I'm large? I'm sure all pregnant women feel this way at this point, but COME ON! My frame is not meant to be carrying an extra 45 pounds (with more to gain as the weeks continue.)

But I digress...

The house. Yes. Here we go. Onward. Home.

Let's start at the very beginning...

1 comment:

The Crew! said...

Oh darling, do I know that feeling! Hang in there as you're in the end stretch!

Congrats on the house. Can't wait to join you for more salt and vinegar chips in the near future.