Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm online... Now what?

Soooo.... my Etsy shop is up and running, so to speak, at http://www.threadandbranch.etsy.com/. This was a ridiculously draining experience - every little iota of self-doubt came roaring out at me each time I went to shoot, photoshop and post pictures, create branding, pick a name, write descriptions, even create a return policy! But there it is, in all its tiny glory. I only have three items posted, with many more to photograph or finish or whatever. I'm a whimpering pile of self-doubt. Time to back away from the computer and go on a walk. To the beach. In the sun. In a tee shirt. In January.

Life IS good.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You are very talented, and totally deserve to be there!!! Your work is gorgeous, and I love the logo picture design.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Nice logo and great site name. Very clever.

jen said...

YEAY!!! Congrats on your first store! I say first because I fullwell expect this to take off as an artistic outlet for you...Love the name, love the pictures, love love love the purses, can't wait to see more...love it all. Love you for being so humble (ie my reframe of your doubting yourself). Post more soon!

Colleen Franklin said...

Okay so I love the look. The banner/header/logo thingie, very pro, even for etsy standards, which is usually pretty high. The photography is excellent, and I can't wait for the other things to go up. I wanted to see a more up close image of the bag with the lovely rosette stitched on it. I am a chronic label-reader, look-at- every-pic-I-can-find type etsy shopper. Have you considered some groovy burp cloths in these materials? I haven't looked, but I don't think many sellers are doing them. You end up with these sort of things draped all over your body anyway, usually gifts, with offensive elmo or peter rabbits all over them.....I'd buy some! Also, is there anything you CAN'T do?! You are one creative, talented lady.